Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Going to the Girdwood Forest Fair


This is the view of the ocean on the Seward Highway, driving down to Girdwood- I LOVE this about Alaska!! (not a good picture though- we were driving)



We stopped for hotdogs at the gas station there in Girdwood- me and Luke played in the car while Kelly and Charity went with Daddy- Bradley was sawing logs.



Here's the girls on the bus- they were seriously having the time of their lives- how funny is that!



here's the sign (not sure why I think you would want to see this :) it's late)



I just thought these benches were cool and I was trying to get the kids to sit on them all cute for a picture, but they were ornery- didn't quite turn out how I wanted :)

Saturday was a pretty fun day too. We drove down to Girdwood (about an hour south of here) for the Forest Fair! The Forest Fair is basically a tree-hugger's Saturday Market. I guess they have it once a year. It was pretty fun though. We had to park about 2 miles from the entrance and be shuttled to it in a school bus. Then we walked around and looked at all the crafts and food and things that the vendors were selling. There was SO MUCH STUFF!! It was all in the Forest (hence the name), so it was really kind of fun. Then there was this HUGEMONGOUS playground for the kids. This was like the MOTHER of all playgrounds. I wish I could have gotten a picture that does it justice. It looked like a castle. This playground was worth the hour drive all by itself. The kids played on it for about 2 or 3 hours. It was way fun. There was even a little toddler area for Luke so that he wasn't getting trampled by the millions of kids.
On the way home we asked the kids what their favorite part was and of course the girls answered right away "The two bus rides!!!" I could have guessed. They did add the playground too, but not till after they reminisced about the bus ride :) Cute kids. Fun day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck ya! I can see why kids love the bus so much. No car seats! Freedom! I'll bet they felt like a grown up.